The RequirementsThe ideal candidate for this role will have a track record of success selling high-value engineered capital assets (i.e. heavy machinery such as turbines, compressors, industrial drives, fire systems, etc.) to Government, Military, Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Power Generation and/or other large Commercial / Industrial markets. S/he will be a hunter comfortable working up and down the chain of decision makers and drivers from mid-level supply chain personnel to Directors to Senior VPs.
To be a strong fit for the National Business Development Rep opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or another technical discipline (preferred), or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant enterprise-level industrial sales experience.
- Excellent technical skills; the ability to thoroughly learn KEVTA's fire system products.
- Proven ability to build strategic relationships and close business.
- Management experience and/or the runway and desire to grow into a sales management role
- Solid computer skills including MS Office Suite applications and ERP software, ideally ShopTech or another manufacturing ERP.
- Self-motivation and an intrinsic drive to excel and achieve.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- A strong work ethic with an upbeat, do-what-it-takes attitude.
- A collaborative, team-player approach.
The RoleOpportunity Snapshot
Reporting directly to the President, as National Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for driving customer engagement and increasing market share across verticals, including large OEMs, government, military, aerospace, etc. Your mission will be to grow our customer base by building strategic relationships, working with our engineering team to deliver solutions that meet customers’ needs, then closing business. While you will have the opportunity to expand existing accounts, your prime focus will be on developing new business.
We’ll look to you to meet/exceed sales revenue goals by effectively executing on key strategies and activities to include:
- Learning our products, technology, and services.
- Developing and maintaining a business plan by cultivating a healthy sales pipeline and uncovering new opportunities.
- Following up on leads and responding to the existing customer base.
- Identifying and meeting customer needs by leveraging existing products & technology and working in concert with Engineering on design modifications as needed.
- Building long-term relationships/partnerships with customers' corporate leadership, supply chain and other stakeholders.
- Preparing presentations and supporting professional proposals that highlight the value of our products and services.
- Escalating and expediting customer issues as needed to meet requirements and expectations.
- Managing the entire sales cycle.
- Prioritizing activities, and providing reports including activity logs, pipeline, and forecasting.
More Good ReasonsExciting new projects and opportunities
There are some exciting changes & opportunities on the horizon including:
- A new product launch
- The opportunity to partner with a respected supplier and serve as their training center of excellence
- A new partnership with a large, highly respected fire company in the O&G sector
- Designing and manufacturing a new risk management system
- Unlike our competition, we offer cradle to grave gas turbine system support
- And more
As already noted, ours is a rapidly growing company. We've undertaken a strategic growth initiative in the areas of sales and marketing, and with exciting new contracts in place, we're adding positions to accommodate that growth. We expect to double in size this year and continue that growth in the coming years. Growth = opportunity and we anticipate ample opportunities for our proven performers.
Great work environment
We take a proactive approach to helping our people develop professionally. You bring the sales skill and we'll provide the tools and industry training you need to succeed. While we run a disciplined and results-oriented organization, we enjoy a casual environment and we like to have fun too!
In addition to a competitive base + commission, car and car allowance, we offer a comprehensive benefits program including insurances, paid-time-off, and many training and development programs designed to provide a continuous learning environment, both to gain new skills and to refine existing ones.
While you could sell in many interesting fields, ours is a noble cause and you can feel good about your contribution. Simply put, our products save lives, offering safety to those working in explosive and other high-risk environments.
Reputation built on performance
We’ve built our business by earning the trust and respect of our customers. Consider the following key facts. KEVTA has:
- In demand, world-class fire protection systems integrator with a core focus on protecting gas turbines and other machinery.
- Successfully installed over 10,000 fire protection systems.
- Equipment in operation in over 90 countries.
- Consistently delivered superior performance, including 5 Sigma (99.977%) quality and 4 Sigma (99.38%) on-time delivery.
Keys to SuccessAutonomy and ownership of a nationwide territory make for a great opportunity, but success will require a professional who is disciplined, resourceful and motivated. Help is available, but you will need to seek it out and take the lead in coordinating among various stakeholders, such as our technical team and engineers.
This role is about building relationships to generate leads and open doors. Pipeline management will be critical. You will identify unique needs across all of your prospects, and earn a place by demonstrating the value of our products and services as you get your foot in the door.
In addition, to excel in this role, you will have:
- Strong self-motivation, a goal orientation, and a high-energy, positive approach
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to keep a lot of irons in the fire
- Habits that showcase integrity, like keeping your word, following up diligently, clarifying expectations, etc.
- Strong leadership skills
About UsKEVTA Fire Systems, Inc. design and manufacture fire suppression systems for the power generation/oil and gas industries. KEVTA is recognized as an industry leader in fire suppression design and implementation. Our systems are used worldwide, providing our clients with the confidence and security in knowing their investment is well protected. Our turnkey solutions involve hazard analysis, design, engineering, flow calculations, manufacturing and electro-mechanical assembly. While adhering to worldwide code compliance, KEVTA Fire Systems also maintains all NFPA, NEC and ATEX standards.
Our new facilities in Escondido includes a 45,000 sq. ft. manufacturing plant situated on 2.6 acres and a modern 38,000 sq. ft. assembly building and clean area in which our electro-mechanical assemblies are built. The Weldrite organization includes a full compliment of staff including a President who runs the day-to-day operations, Engineering Group, Quality Assurance Team, Production Control, Logistics, Manufacturing and Assembly Departments. Our culture is based on a set of core corporate values comprised of Quality, Customer Care, Integrity, Team Consciousness, On-Time and Communication. KEVTA Fire Systems believes that the strength of the workplace culture and their training are the key determinants to long-term success and world-class achievement.